Hello, and welcome to the Season 1, Episode 07 of the Bones & Bobbins Podcast!
The Bones & Bobbins Podcast, Season 1, Episode 07: Corsets: It’s a Cinch!
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!
Listen on YouTube:
Here are links to the sources and resources we used while researching this episode:
Links to research materials:
- A whole blog devoted to corsets- https://corset-story.com/blogs/news/corsets-in-fashion-a-full-history
- Champagne Corsets- https://www.champagnecorsets.com/history/
- Tahlia McKellar Textiles- http://tahliamckellartextiles.weebly.com/corset-timeline.html
- British Vogue Article https://www.vogue.co.uk/article/history-of-the-corset
- DW Article on Christian Dior https://www.dw.com/en/the-new-look-how-christian-dior-revolutionized-fashion-70-years-ago/a-37491236
- Donfeld Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donfeld
- Another Mag Article- The Submersive Power of the Jean Paul Gaultier Corset
- Medical & Support Corsetry – The Lingerie Addict: https://www.thelingerieaddict.com/2014/11/medical-support-corsetry.html
- A History of Bracing for Idiopathic Scoliosis in North America – US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, NCBI: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2816759/
- Correction of Scoliosis in Adulthood without Surgery: http://www2.pms-lj.si/bibliag/scoliosis.htm
- Lessons Learned from the Art of Making Corsets: https://www.seamwork.com/issues/2016/02/lessons-learned-from-the-art-of-making-corsets
- Pop Antique modern corsetry: http://www.popantique.com/faq
- Want to know more about the “Little Below The Knee Club”? https://www.lipsticklettucelycra.co.uk/blog/2013/04/12/little-below-the-knee-club-2/
- Stays and Corsets: Historical Patterns Translated for the Modern Body, by Mandy Barrington: https://www.amazon.com/Stays-Corsets-Historical-Patterns-Translated/dp/1138018236/
- Check out the Try Guys wearing corsets for 72 hours – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d25HklopoSs