Hello, and welcome to Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop, the Bones & Bobbins Patreon-only mini-episode!
Patreon Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop 08: Knit Your Bit: Knitting and the War Effort
Curiosity Shop Show Notes:
Links to research materials:
- The Earl Kitchener and his Stitch: The Earl Kitchener and his Stitch: https://intherounds.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/the-earl-kitchener-and-his-stitch/
- The Secret History of Knitting: https://fogknits.com/2016/06/05/the-secret-history-of-knitting/
- Knitting for Victory: https://www.historylink.org/File/5722
- International Museum of American History Museum article: https://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/showing-support-great-war-knitting-needles
- Knit Your Bit: https://www.nationalww2museum.org/programs/knit-your-bit
Further Patreon Reading:
- US Wartime Knitting Patterns (free)
- Knitting Propeganda https://centerforknitandcrochet.org/u-s-knitting-propaganda-wwii/
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!