Hello, and welcome to Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop, the Bones & Bobbins Patreon-only mini-episode!
Patreon Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop 15: Wait. Is That a Dead Bird? Discussing the Not-So-Jolly Tradition of Victorian Christmas Cards
Curiosity Shop Show Notes:
Links to research materials:
- Why Are There Dead Birds on Victorian Christmas Cards? https://hyperallergic.com/344920/why-are-there-dead-birds-on-victorian-xmas-cards/
- Have a Creepy Little Christmas with These Unsettling Victorian Cards: https://hyperallergic.com/261847/have-a-creepy-little-christmas-with-these-unsettling-victorian-cards/
- Art Matters Podcast: Weird, Dark, and Wonderful Victorian Christmas Cards: https://artuk.org/discover/stories/art-matters-podcast-weird-dark-and-wonderful-victorian-christmas-cards#
- You’re Dead to Me Podcast: Victorian Christmas: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07xl3bm
Further Patreon Reading:
- 57 Creepy Victorian Vintage Christmas Cards: https://www.boredpanda.com/creepy-victorian-vintage-christmas-cards/
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!