Hello, and welcome to the Season 2, Episode 03 of the Bones & Bobbins Podcast!
The Bones & Bobbins Podcast, Season 2, Episode 03: A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words, but Jewelry Keeps Talking Forever
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!
Listen on YouTube:
Here are links to the sources and resources we used while researching this episode:
Links to research materials:
- Recreating 19th Century Death & Mourning Photographs from Caitlin Doughty’s Ask a Mortician: https://youtu.be/g7SPbfK0EOg
- The Unpleasant Duty: An Introduction to Postmortem Photography from Kelly Christian from The Order of the Good Death: http://www.orderofthegooddeath.com/unpleasant-duty-introduction-postmortem-photography (This link also contains links to even more sources!)
- Beyond the Dark Veil: Post Mortem & Mourning Photography from the Thanatos Archive: https://store.thanatos.net/collections/beyond-the-dark-veil/btdv
- The Thanatos Archive: https://thanatos.net/preview/
- The Thanatos Archive Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thanatos.archive/
- GIA Article: https://4cs.gia.edu/en-us/blog/antique-victorian-era-mourning-jewelry/
- The Art of Mourning Web Site: https://artofmourning.com/
- Stacy Fay Designs: https://staceyfaydesigns.com/blogs/stacey-fay-designs/what-is-mourning-jewelry
- Psychology Today Article: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/understanding-grief/201812/death-and-mourning-practices-in-the-victorian-age
Further Reading:Nothing to see this time!