Hello, and welcome to the Season 2, Episode 15 of the Bones & Bobbins Podcast!
If you’re looking for this episode’s show notes, options for listening, and ways to connect with us, you’re in the right place. Welcome, creepy, vintage-y friends!
The Bones & Bobbins Podcast, Season 2, Episode 15: Make All the Bones About It
S02E15: Catacomb saints and the Sedlec Ossuary. Here for all of your bejeweled skeleton and fancy skull garland needs!
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!
Listen on YouTube:
Here are links to the sources and resources we used while researching this episode:
Links to research materials:
- Heavenly Bodies: Cult Treasures & Spectacular Saints from the Catacombs, by Paul Koudounaris: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/17573865-heavenly-bodies
- The Protestant Reformation: https://www.britannica.com/summary/Reformation
- Catacomb saints: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catacomb_saints
- Meet the Fantastically Bejeweled Skeletons of Catholicism’s Forgotten Martyrs: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/meet-the-fantastically-bejeweled-skeletons-of-catholicisms-forgotten-martyrs-284882/
- Seldlec Info flier distributed when visiting: https://www.sedlec.info/pdf/text-kostnice-en.pdf
- Artsy Black & White Short Movie Made in 1970:
- Official Web Site: https://sedlecossuary.com/
- The Empire of Death: A Cultural History of Ossuaries and Charnel Houses: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11488672-the-empire-of-death