Hello, and welcome to Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop, the Bones & Bobbins Patreon-only mini-episode!
Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop episodes are available to Patreon patrons at the $5.00 per month level and above!
Patreon Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop 34: Decorative Gourd Season, Bitches!
It’s officially spooky season, and we’ve got yer pumpkin bread, yer crescent moon wreaths, a whole handful of yer chicken wire ghosts, and yer obligatory spice-scented spooky crafts. It’s a pre-Halloween party, and you’re obviously invited! Programming note: We were in no condition to count when we recorded this episode, so we said 35 when we really meant 34. You can blame the Xanax and cold brew.
Curiosity Shop Show Notes:
Here are links to the sources and resources we used while researching this episode:
Links to research materials:
- One Day Make: Chicken Wire Ghost! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuglBPzWgFM
- Ghost Sculptures of WWI Soldiers Erected in Cemetery: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-46155057
- MothWingArt on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/756646695/pdf-herbal-moon-tutorial-download-diy?ref=shop_home_feat_2
- Twinkie Chan Pumpkin Pie Tissue Holder: https://blog.twinkiechan.com/2014/11/26/free-crochet-pattern-video-tutorial-pumpkin-pie-brooch-and-tissue-holder/
- Giant Dragon: https://www.letseatcake.com/home-depot-fog-breathing-dragon/
Further Patreon Reading:
- Where the title comes from- McSweeeney’s Article: https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/its-decorative-gourd-season-motherfuckers
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!