Hello, and welcome to Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop, the Bones & Bobbins Patreon-only mini-episode!
Patreon Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop 35: Cropsey or the Witch?
Haley’s definitely steps out of a literal horror film, but Natali’s is an absolute delight! (It’s definitely time to take a road trip to Miss Mary’s house!)
Curiosity Shop Show Notes:
Links to research materials:
- Andre Rand: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_Rand
- History Of Willowbrook, And The Terrifying Legend Of Cropsey: https://classicnewyorkhistory.com/history-of-willowbrook-and-the-terrifying-legend-of-cropsey/
- ‘Cropsey’: A Town’s Worst Nightmares, In The Flesh: https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127351608
Miss Mary’s House:
- Kohler Art Preserve: https://www.jmkac.org/artist/mary-nohl/
- Victor DeLorenzo Blog Post: https://victordelorenzo.weebly.com/a-visit-with-mary-nohl.html
- Mary Nohl, The Witch of Fox Point Documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qdq9Y_IHqo
- Spaces: http://spacesarchives.org/explore/search-the-online-collection/mary-nohl/
- Mary Nohl- Atlas Obscura: https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/mary-nohl-house
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!