Hello, and welcome to the Season 2, Episode 24 of the Bones & Bobbins Podcast!
The Bones & Bobbins Podcast, Season 2, Episode 24: All is Artificial, All is Brite
***In short, Mr. Spiegel basically WAS his own action movie. And I’m pretty sure Shiny Brite ornaments don’t need an introduction. Just picture a Christmas tree–they’re what’s on it.
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!
Listen on YouTube:
Here are links to the sources and resources we used while researching this episode:
Links to research materials:
Si Spiegel and Artificial Christmas Trees:
- He Bombed the Nazis, Outwitted the Soviets and Modernized Christmas: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/17/nyregion/bomber-pilot-christmas-trees.html
- How Charlie Brown Killed the Christmas Tree: https://amp.greatfallstribune.com/amp/927643001
- How Christmas Trees Became a Holiday Tradition: https://time.com/5736523/history-of-christmas-trees/
- The Not-So-Glorious History of the Artificial Christmas Tree: https://medium.com/@KatAtomic/the-not-so-glorious-history-of-the-artificial-christmas-tree-ff5b33336e4f
Shiny Brite Ornaments:
- Antique Trader: https://www.antiquetrader.com/articles/shiny-brite-ornaments-have-lasting-appeal-with-collectors
- Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiny_Brite
- Better Homes and Garden https://www.bhg.com/christmas/ornaments/shiny-brite-ornaments/
- Nothing to see this time!