Hello, and welcome to the Season 3, Episode 09 of the Bones & Bobbins Podcast!
The Bones & Bobbins Podcast, Season 3, Episode 09: Fragrance, Flowers, and Fat
***It’s all flowers and frippery…until it’s not.
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!
Listen on YouTube:
Here are links to the sources and resources we used while researching this episode:
Links to research materials:
- Dressed: The History of Fashion podcast: FHM #29: Enfleurage: 17th Century Perfume Making with Dryland Wilds: https://omny.fm/shows/dressed-the-history-of-fashion/fhm-29-enfleurage-17th-century-perfume-making-with
- History of Perfume: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_perfume
- Perfumes of Cyprus: http://cyprusfortravellers.net/en/review/perfumes-cyprus
- Enfleurage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfleurage
- Dryland wilds: https://www.drylandwilds.com
- Kindred Black enfleurage scents: https://www.kindredblack.com/collections/scent/products/organic-jasmine-pommade
- Fragrance extraction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragrance_extraction
- Perfume manufacturing techniques: https://www.sylvaine-delacourte.com/en-us/guide/the-techniques-of-making-a-perfume
Why Smells Trigger Such Vivd Memories https://www.discovery.com/science/Why-Smells-Trigger-Such-Vivid-Memories
- History of Perfume & Cologne https://www.fragrancex.com/blog/history-of-perfume-and-cologne/
- Six Most Expensive Perfume Ingredientshttps://www.byrdie.com/the-6-most-expensive-perfume-ingredients-in-the-world-3981102
- How the Humble Iris Root Became One of the Most Prized—and Pricey—Fragrance Ingredients on the Planet https://www.townandcountrymag.com/style/beauty-products/a37273674/orris-perfume-iris/
- Why is Oud Oil so expensive? https://medium.com/@olfactionscents/why-are-oud-oils-so-expensive-87402c6bb107
- Perfume Society Org article https://perfumesociety.org/ingredients-post/ambergris/
- Strange Perfume Ingredients https://www.esquiremag.ph/style/grooming/perfume-ingredients-a00202-20201021-lfrm
- Tom Ford Shop https://www.tomford.com/oud-wood-eau-de-parfum/T1-OUD-WOOD.html
- Nothing to see this time!