Hello, and welcome to Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop, the Bones & Bobbins Patreon-only mini-episode!
Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop episodes are available to Patreon patrons at the $5.00 per month level and above!
Patreon Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop 30: What the Hell Is That?
Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop 30: Teratomas and Jenny Hanovers: Both made of parts that just shouldn’t be there. (But you wanted a tumor with teeth that can think and/or a creepy taxidermy mermaid, right?)
Curiosity Shop Show Notes:
Here are links to the sources and resources we used while researching this episode:
Links to research materials:
- What is a Teratoma? https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/what-is-teratoma
- Teratomas: the tumours that can transform into ‘evil twins’: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/27/teratoma-tumour-evil-twin-cancer
- Tetranoma: https://radiopaedia.org/articles/teratoma?lang=us
- Woman Diagnosed with ‘Evil Twin’ Tumour Urges Others to Act on Symptoms: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/woman-diagnosed-evil-twin-teratoma-tumour-warns-others-act-symptoms-a7049846.html
- Conrad Gessner’s Historia Animalium: https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/page/42166434#page/849/mode/1up
- Mysterious Creatures: A Guide to Cryptozoology by George Eberhart: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/47107.Mysterious_Creatures
- The Vintage News article: https://www.thevintagenews.com/2018/10/15/jenny-hanivers/
Further Patreon Reading:
- Nothing to see this time!
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!