Hello, and welcome to Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop, the Bones & Bobbins Patreon-only mini-episode!
Patreon Dispatches from the Curiosity Shop 40: Holiday Mysteries of the Unsolved Variety
***Because, honestly, Stonehenge wasn’t quite weird enough already, and we all needed one more thing, smoldering in the backs of our minds, keeping us up at night, right? Obviously.
Curiosity Shop Show Notes:
Links to research materials:
The Warminster Thing:
- When the Warminster ‘Thing” Terrorized a Small English Town: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/638338/warminster-thing-ufo
- ‘Warminster Thing’ Marked in 50th anniversary UFO mural: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-wiltshire-32972518
The Spontaneous Combustion of Matilda Rooney:
- Britannica Article: https://www.britannica.com/story/is-spontaneous-human-combustion-real
- 1889 Therapeutic Gazette: https://www.google.com/books/edition/Therapeutic_Gazette/u1U_AQAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=Upon+examining+the+opening+in+the+floor+we+discovered+a+mass+of+cinders+on+the+ground+beneath.Upon+removing+them+we+found+the+skull&pg=PA388&printsec=frontcover
- Mysterywire Article: https://www.mysterywire.com/mysteries/womans-demise-points-to-spontaneous-combustion/
- Nothing to see this time!
Support the show:
If you like what we’re doing, please rate and review us on your podcast platform of choice! Ratings tell the internet gremlins that you like us, which means our podcast will show up in more people’s recommendations!